2019 TESC Overview
The International Transactive Energy Systems Conference (TESC) is an incubator of global thought leadership. It is the world’s premier event focused on the critical intersection of ‘physics, engineering, economics and humanity’ – which is key to how lower carbon, increasingly democratised electricity systems will function.
In a nutshell, Transactive Energy spans how generation, consumption and flows of power across regional and national electric systems may be reliably and securely managed by the use of economic or market-based constructs. Transactive Energy (TE) includes, among others, the current hot topics of distributed ledgers and peer-to-peer trading while applying a holistic view of the entire electricity system architectures.
Now in its 6th year, the TESC and Workshop will be jointly hosted by IEEE PES and the Gridwise Architecture Council (GWAC). The event will help further develop the TE model and examine the policy and technology changes necessary to implement and enable the advancement of TE systems.
TESC19 will take place July 8-10, 2019 at the University of Minnesota McNamara Alumni Center in Minneapolis, MN.
- GridWise(r) Architecture Council’s Transactive Energy Framework V1.1 posted – Just in time for the conference the GWAC has completed the update to their Transactive Energy Framework document. The updates will be discussed during the GWAC Foundational Session during the Tuesday plenary. The updated framework document may be downloaded here.
- OATI Tour – Don’t miss your chance to tour OATI’s Microgrid Technology Center during the IEEE TESC19 Conference! Join us on Wednesday, July 10th, at 5:30 PM to learn about our state-of-the-art microgrid, showcasing cutting-edge technologies, such as Combined Cooling, Heat, and Power (CCHP), Solar Photovoltaic (PV) and wind generation, energy storage, and sophisticated microgrid control and optimization software. Registration is required (and closes on June 24th), so RSVP Today!
- Opening plenary keynote speaker announced. NARUC President and Iowa Utilities Board Commissioner Nick Wagner will give the opening keynote talk at TESC 2019.
- The submitted abstracts have been reviewed and the panels organized. See the “panels” item above for details.
- The 2019 IEEE PES Transactive Energy Systems Conference (TESC) will be held on July 8-10, 2019 at the University of Minnesota, McNamara Alumni Center, Minneapolis, MN.
Manufacturers and service providers may be interested in special opportunities that will raise their company’s profile amongst current and potential future customers.
Full details of the available opportunities are available.
Call for Participation
The theme of the conference is Transactive Energy Systems in a Participatory Grid – A Framework for the Future.
Abstracts for panel discussions and/or papers should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than March 31, 2019.
Registration, Venue, & Accommodation
Registration for the 2019 IEEE PES Transactive Energy Systems Conference is now open. Please click here to register.
University of Minnesota
McNamara Alumni Center
200 SE Oak St,
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Here are some hotels close to the venue. Please book your room sooner rather than later.
Minneapolis Saint Paul International Airport
14 miles away from the university